Pan fried Chicken and Apples
Recipe by Jamielyn Nye (modified)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound boneless diced chicken
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 slices of chopped bacon (optional)
- 1 medium size sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 cups of broccoli
- 2 of your favourite Scotian Gold apples
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock (can also use vegetable stock)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Add in your diced chicken, salt & pepper. Cook until your chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken onto a plate.
2. (Optional) Reduce heat to medium-low. Now add chopped bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer onto the plate with the chicken.
3. Now add your broccoli, onion, sweet potato and salt. Cook until the vegies are crisp. Stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, Stir in your chopped apples, garlic, thyme and cinnamon. Cook for 1-2 minutes then pour in your chicken or veggie stock. Add back in your chicken and bacon (optional) and cook until heated throughout.
Total cook time: 35 minutes