Creamy Apple Butternut Squash Soup (Instant Pot)
- 3 cups of Honeycrisp apple, diced up
- 4 cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup of thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (8 g) freshly chopped sage leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Extras to add for increased flavour!
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream or half and half
- 4-5 slices of chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Peel your butternut squash using a vegetable peeler. Cut into half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into large chunks.
3. Place all your ingredients into your Instant Pot.
4. If using an Instant Pot, cook at high pressure for 10 minutes, let it release pressure for 10 minutes before opening. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. While waiting, place bacon on a foiled-lined baking sheet in the oven or cook in a frying pan on the stove.
6. Once the soup is finished in the Instant Pot, carefully puree the soup in a blender, if you are using heavy cream or half and half you can now add it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
7. When your bacon is cooked to your liking, chop it up and sprinkle the finely chopped bacon and parmesan cheese on top of your bowl of soup and ENJOY!
Total cook time: 20 minutes